Wednesday, 20 April 2011
Easter Sable Cookies
My mom shared this recipe with me a few years back & said it was the best recipe ever...she was right. This is a great recipe if you have to make a lot of cookies for an event or something special. The dough is easy to work with & 1 batch makes over 50 cookies, depending on the cookie cutter you are using. I made these for Easter this year to pass out in Primary, I just frosted them with royal icing & sanding sugar...Bon Appetite!
3 sticks of unsalted butter
1 1/4 c sugar
4 egg yolks
4 c flour
2 tsp vanilla
Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg yolks, beat them in lightly. Add flour 1/3 at a time. Add vanilla just to incorporate. Dump out on counter & gather together. Roll out and cut with cookie cutters, or chill if needed. (I didn't chill, it still worked great)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment