So I've decided to try a blog. My mom keeps encouraging me to do one about our adventures while in Australia, so here it goes. Mom, you know what you have to do now...get that cookbook going! I don't know where to begin, so I'll start with a weird thing that happened last night. While Dan was driving home yesterday we were chatting on the phone, I knew he was near, because he had mentioned it in our conversation. I heard him talking to somebody else, & then he hangs up the phone. So I go to the door & see a scroungy looking woman smoking a cigarette on our driveway as if she belonged there. Dan exits the car & says something polite& walks inside. He is looking at me like, "Don't go there Rachel..just get inside". I look before closing the door, & the woman is hiding behind our neighbor's van. Dan explains to me that the woman said, "my husband scared the crap out of me so I am waiting for a taxi". So she is waiting for a taxi while smoking a cigarette in our front yard? Strange.
On a lighter note, I found a new butter dish today that I am happy about because all the butter dishes I have don't fit the butter here. I am in the process of trying to convert American measurements of butter into weight with grams. Thank goodness for iPhone apps! I just convert our American recipes, no big deal really. Fortunately cooking is pretty much the same...baking is a bit more tricky. It's the little things right?!
Has Danny converted Aunt Marshal's rolls? That ought to be fun :-)
ReplyDeleteAs long as you can still bake cookies, life can go on.
ReplyDeleteOOOh....lovin' the blog idea! And what is stamped on the top of the butter dish? It looks like it might be "Africa"?!
ReplyDeleteHey Kelli...butter dish says "butter"...cant wait to see your blog!
ReplyDeleteOh I love it!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited you're doing a blog...great idea! I'll be your mom's first customer...hope she's gettin' to that cookbook! :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is great, Rach! Can't wait to follow your adventures....and I am right behind Stephanie in purchasing your mom's cookbook! (Go Jodi!) By the way, I have lost your buttermilk scone recipe, and need to get it again someday...
ReplyDelete