Monday, 2 May 2011

It's Fall

Tree just outside our front door
So I guess it's Autumn here...I'm so confused! Yesterday I went to Bunnings (Home Depot) & bought some plants.  They had bulbs out, so I bought some & planted them as well...just like I do back home in November.  But it isn't November, it's May & the bulbs have already done their thing, right?  I bought a bowl full of planted lettuce too, which seems Spring-ish & beautiful, but I guess it's Fall planting, right?  Again, I'm all messed up.  I had to write down this chart to wrap my head around it.

Summer=Dec Jan Feb
Autumn=Mar April May
Winter=June July August
Spring=Sept Oct Nov

I know it's not that hard right, but weather in Melbourne is so fickle.  It changes all the time, literally 4 seasons in one day.

One thing I do know is when it'll be Winter because I will be COLD!

I chose French Lavender because it is ever blooming &
I planted the daffodils & muscari around them.

1 comment:

  1. I love following what you are doing, Rachel. I remember going to Australia in the "winter" (June) with snow all around and then as we traveled north, it warmed up. Sydney was a bit better, and by the time we hit Cairns, at the top, we were hitting the beach: all within a few weeks. Fun!

    ReplyDelete