Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Things I am Missing

I've been taking care of sick kids (pinworms, lice, kid #2 with flu, kid #1 down with flu, anticipating kid #3 coming down with the flu in a day or so) for the past several weeks and have a bit of cabin fever, mixed with Spring fever.  I want to get out & explore & discover new resources for all the things I love & miss, but don't know where to start.  I've been researching blogs & am slowly but surely getting there.  Aside from missing my dear family & sweet friends, I miss the following:  Mexican Food & all things Hispanic. Cotija cheese, real fresh tortillas. Beans.

Los Barriles, Mexico

 I miss my garbage disposal.  I think Australia is a bit more green than we are.  Most people don't have garbage disposals, they put food scraps in their compost, which is good, but I still miss my disposal.

American TV programming.  We get the dregs & have to wait forever to get new season TV programming.

Retail stores close at 5:00pm here and are only open late Thursday thru Saturday, I think.  I miss the option of running around in the evening, making a trip to Target or Fresh & Easy.  I miss Target, Fresh & Easy & Trader Joe's.

 I miss my neighborhood & the space between us & our neighbors.  Almost every Friday night our neighbors behind us blast their music, it's getting to be chronic.

I guess it's the little things that annoy me when I need a little bit of "comfort" & can't seem to find it the way I used to (TV, shopping, friends). I miss the convenience of knowing where I could find anything & then going & getting it! Maybe I'll take up knitting...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you are going through all of that Rachel! It was hard for a while for us to be so far away from everything that we knew, but at least we were still stateside, I can only imagine how much harder this must be for you.

    I can feel your pain on the lice thing, we had to deal with that for the first time this week as well. #1 got it, of course the one with the thickest hair, now I am just hoping the others don't get it. Oh the joys of Momhood, right :)

    Love ya and miss you!

    ReplyDelete