Friday, 19 October 2012

Quick Trip to America

Some of you may know that I recently made a trip back home to Fallbrook. I start to get a longing for home that I just can't shake, it's especially hard to combat during the cold & rainy Melbourne Winter. So I decided it was time to catch a flight & get some sun & reconnection with family & friends. Even though it was a quick trip, only 10 days it was exactly what I needed. I am a blessed woman, Dan knew I needed to see my family again & was very supportive & made it easy for me to leave. He held down the fort with Hannah & Ben while I took Lizzy with me for our American adventure. We stayed at my parents house where I discovered my Dad has unearthed a woodworking talent! My mom has encouraged him to create bread and cheese boards! He's set up a little wood shop in the garage, mom heads off to dialysis & by the time she gets home, Dad has created a new bread board. She makes some bread & then they cut it on his latest creation! In fact while we were visiting Mom bought a Vitamix, ground her own wheat & made bread all week. We devoured every bit, it was heaven being home.


Beautiful Bread Boards!




Mom, Dad & Lizzy
Lizzy, Mom & Me


We also got a chance to catch up with our closest friends. It takes time to nurture deep relationships, I do miss those kinds of friendships. But I'm working on it here in Australia and then I'll have to leave the special friends I've made in Melbourne one day...sad.

Mitchell (Ben's bestie), little Mary, Sydney, Jane, Hank (Henry), Lily (Hannah's bestie) & Lizzy

All of us at Froyo

Henry, Lizzy & Mary

Lily, Mitchell & Jane

Bookclub in America, reviewing Saving Cee Cee Honeycut, all SUPER WOMEN!

Darbi & me celebrating her birthday!

I also had a chance to visit with Dan's family in San Diego. They are my family too. I love them & the fun we have together. Again, I feel like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz...there's no place like home. We are really excited, as Dan's mom is coming for a visit to Melbourne in January! I'm looking forward to it & hope we don't run her ragged!

Dale & Lisa, Dan's brother & his wife

Dan Sr. & Dan's sister Lorraine

Dan's mom, Rita & me & Lizzy


We enjoyed the 80 (26-30 celsius) degree weather, Pedro's Tacos, driving fast on the freeways again (75 mph or 120 or so kilometers).  We even caught part of the Blue Angels air show racing over our heads while driving to San Diego one Sunday afternoon. The unbelievable shopping, I had no idea how affordable everything in America is. You just can't beat it, so don't complain people! I pay $1.50 per lime in the grocery store! Gas/petrol is $5.30 per gallon here! Movie tickets are $20.00! Anyway I shopped my brains out & dragged poor Lizzy everywhere. She was amazing, a true traveler. She was a fantastic  companion & I loved that she got to see her friends & Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins again.



I look forward to next summer when all 5 of us will be catching a flight for an even longer visit in July, so keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment