Where to begin? I guess our Summer began in December 2012 with Hannah graduating from Primary school & Lizzy graduating from Kindergarten. It was a big year!
 |
| School Captain Speech |
 |
| Excited! |
 |
| Congrats Lizzy! |
 |
| Ben's teacher 2 years ago, he's taller than her now. |
The Christmas season was soon in swing, although it felt more like Summer with Christmas thrown into it. After having many months of cold & rain, my little system was rejoicing at the sunshine. I believe the change of season overrides the fact that it was Christmastime- does that makes sense? I did a small cookie exchange to help me feel the Christmas vibe, it was a lot of fun & my friends brought beautiful cookies to share. Looking forward to trying it again!
 |
| Cookie Exchange Invitation 2012 |
 |
| Cookie Exchange 2012 |
 |
| Gingerbread Advent Calendar Cookies |
 |
| Cookies all wrapped up |
Christmas Eve arrived and we went with our friends to Carols by Candlelight, which is a very traditional Melbourne thing to do at Christmas time. It's televised each Christmas Eve, kinda like A Christmas Story back home? Anyway many famous Aussie singers come & they sing Christmas carols (we of course had no idea who they were). The audience gets real candles & everyone lights them as the sun goes down. It was lovely, very family friendly which was nice.
Christmas Day came and we enjoyed a peaceful day Skyping family in our jammies. I attempted my first Pavlova for Christmas dessert, something very popular in Australia. It was a good day, even though we were away from our family.
 |
| This pic is actually from the cookie exchange, but the only nice pic I had of our tree! |
 |
| Christmas 2012 Dinner |
 |
| Pavlova |
 |
| Now you know what I look like Christmas morning! |
 |
| Christmas cards from friends |
After Christmas we basically hit the beach for several weeks! It finally got warm here & we enjoyed our first full Australian summer.
 |
| White & Fitisemanu Family |
 |
| Mangoes at the beach, the best! |
 |
| Aussie sky |
Dan's mom, Rita came for a 2 week visit in mid January & we drug her everywhere! We got attacked by the wild cockatoos in the Dandenongs. We hiked up the side of a mountain to show her the kangaroos. We drove down the Great Ocean Road to see beautiful beaches & took her home via the ferry from Queenscliff to Portsea. She was a trooper & we enjoyed having family here!
School began at the end of January with Hannah in high school & Lizzy & Ben together in primary school. Autumn officially starts here on March 1st. Although I've always enjoyed Autumn, I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit terrified by the upcoming changing seasons. I just got to feeling normal again, with lots of sunshine & long days, soon it will be dark again at 5:00pm. Oh well I guess nothing stays the same, still trying to accept change!
 |
| Rita & Dan 2012 |
 |
| The 12 Apostles |
 |
| London Bridge |
No comments:
Post a Comment