Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Summer 2012

Well after a long & enriching visit with my family & friends it was time to go back home to Australia.  I had such a fantastic visit that by mid visit I thought that I might have trouble leaving...but it was time to go by the end of our trip.  Can't stay on vacation forever...It was such a blessing to be home in America & get recharged & feel like myself again.  I feel normal again & am happy to be here in Australia & take advantage of all it has to offer.  We have less than 2 weeks before school starts & we are cramming beach days in.  It's finally sunny & beautiful here in Melbourne, but who knows how long that will last even in the summer!  I keep thinking about summer last year here.  It rained all the time & we were living in temporary housing (cockroaches & all) & it was so difficult!  We spent the remainder of January looking for a place to live so we really couldn't enjoy a true Aussie summer.  I am determined to have a real Aussie summer this season & hope to be able to enjoy the surf & sand next season too!  Here are some photos of our most recent beach trip down the peninsula at Safety Beach.  It reminded me so much of Mexico on the Sea of Cortez, it was a beautiful day.  And what's so lovely about the beach here is that there are sand bars so you can walk way far out & it's shallow, with no waves of course because it's Port Phillip Bay.


Safety Beach

You can stand way far out due to the sand bar

Clear water

Ben found a starfish!


People really use these bath houses...they keep their beach supplies in there & take em out when they hit the beach.

Starfish close up

We made a friend & the starfish lost a leg:(, Hannah tells me that they grow back, I hope so!

Cranky kid, beautiful water!


No comments:

Post a Comment